Subject: Re: VT340?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/1998 21:11:12
On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Rick Copeland wrote:

> I am looking for some general specs on a VT340.  If someone knows any or all
> of the specs for these monitors/terminals could you please post it?

I've got one.  I don't have the manual but I can give a basic description
based on what's in front of me.

It's a color terminal, with what I'd guess to be a 14in tube.  Physical
dimensions are 16in wide, 17in deep, and about 16in high from the bottom
of the swivel base to the top of the monitor.  I'd estimate the weight at
something like 20lbs.  It's a moderately hefty beast compared to a VT220
or the very light VT420.

Connector-wise it's got 2 MMJ serial ports labeled "1" and "2", 1 MMJ
printer port, a keyboard port, and a DB25 port.  There's also what appears
to be some sort of ROM pack that slides into the back of the monitor.  The
pack has "VT330/VT340 V1.1" printed on it.  The VT340 I've got was made in
1987.

The tube on mine's a bit fuzzy as well as a bit dark. That's with the
brightness and contrast turned all the way up. I don't know if that's a
trait with these terminals or not.

Well, that's a start.

-brian.
---