Subject: Re: Qbus Board Identification Request...
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
From: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@alph01.triumf.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/1998 08:54:14
> I've got a few Qbus boards I need to identify - I'm listing what I
> believe is the model number and, if available, the DEC board number.
>
> Emulex TU05 - lists "TU0510401" on the board.
> Emulex SU03 - lists "SU0310402" on the board.

Are you sure the above boards are Q-bus?  Generally, plugging Unibus boards
into Q-bus backplanes is a Bad Thing.  Usually Emulex boards have
firmware revision stickers on EPROM's or PROM's that also give a clue
as to what they are?  Any obvious headers?

Emulex did make a TC05 (QIC tape to TS11 emulation, which is badly
broken under NetBSD despite the FAQ's claim of support) and a SC03
(SMD to RH11-type-on-Qbus, not even claimed support.)

> Emulex QD33 - lists "QD3310401" ' ' '

The QD33 is a QD33 :-).  SMD to MSCP Q-bus board.  Works quite nicely under
NetBSD.

> DEC M7516 - DELQA, right?

Right.

> DEC M7957 - No clue.