Subject: Re: Got It (VAX8200)
To: None <tsarna@endicor.com, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/13/1998 15:22:51
Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com> wrote:

>In article <199801101335.IAA16299@grinder.neurotica.com> you write:
>> On January 10, Ty Sarna wrote:
>> > I dunno, is there a point in using some of the VAXes people are running
>> > NetBSD on, other than "because it's there"? It'd give some of the
>
>>   There are several reasons.  They're good performers (except for the
>> VERY earliest of VAXen, that is) they're very reliable, and they're
>
>Well, those were the "some of the VAXes" I was referring to in
>particular.  Surely the desire to run NetBSD on an emulated VAX is no
>sillier (and perhaps even more defensible than) the desire to run NetBSD
>on a 11/730?

How about running V7 on an emulated PDP-11? That is fun, too. I'd
gladly run an emulated VAX on my BeBox, so as to give my MV2000 some
company. The virtual PDP-11 on the 2x66 MHz BeBox gives performance
similar to what I remember from the good old days. And I discovered
that V7 won't even boot if I install the full 4M of memory.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ It's not easy having a good time    rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl