Subject: Re: Netbooting Vax from 486 box
To: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/11/1998 22:35:04
On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Paul Apprich wrote:

> 	At the risk of repeating a previous posting, this is what I typed
> in from the 486 box:
>
> # ifconfig ne2 inet 10.3.250.2 up netmask 255.255.255.0
> # rarpd -d ne2 &
> # mountd -d &
> # nfsd -tun 4 &
> # mopd -d ne2 &
>

> after entering the usual 'b/100 esa0' and 'mopboot' when prompted, this
> is what I got from the Vax:
>
> Nboot:
> /netbsd
> le-soft.sc_r2 = 0x283a0000
> device: le0 attached to 08:00:2b:25:2f:d8
> le0: transmit timeout, stat = 0x13
> le0: output buffer busy (repeats ad nauseam)
> it seems that the lance ethernet adapter appears on top of memory >32MB.
>

>     What's happening here?

Well, I never was certain if this problem would show up on the M76, but I
guess it does.  If you've got more than 16Megs installed in the
VAXstation you're going to have to pull out the additional memory until
you're at or below the 16Meg mark, then things should work out for you.
It does look like you're really close though.

-brian.
---