Subject: Re: Can't NetBoot MV3100m20
To: ^orpur Ivarsson <totii@est.is>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/11/1998 18:05:33
On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, ^orpur Ivarsson wrote:

> I am using serial console, there is no graphical screen on this thingy,
> just 3mmj+1modem+8 expansion on card, serial inputs.

Okay.  Well, I say we operate under the assumption that your system is in
fact netbooting properly but that something's gone wrong with the console
output. If this is the case then we can still work with the system.

If we can get it operating in multi-user mode then you can telnet into it.
It's been a while since I've installed NetBSD from scratch for a netbooted
workstation, so I'll have to refresh my brain with the necessary steps to
going from being booted to single user to booting all the way up to
multi-user config.

The intention would be to make the appropriate changes to directly to the
client's files on the bootserver.

-brian.
---