Subject: Re: cross-compiling
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/1998 23:13:50
On January 10, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> But, a big part of retrocomputing (please don't try to say that you're
> not all retrocomputing nuts; you're running VAXen! :-) is enduring the

  Actually, this is not necessarily the case.  I do engage in some
retrocomputing, and some of it does happen on members of the VAX
family.  However, I run several VAXen in production, mission-critical,
money-making environments.  I'm sure a few others here do as well.
These discussions apply as much to one as they do to the other, and
should be taken just as seriously.

  The idea that "all VAX machines are old, big, slow, only run VMS,
are only of interest to collectors, and aren't worth a dime" is simply
untrue.

                          -Dave McGuire
                           mcguire@neurotica.com