Subject: Graphics support (was Re: VaxStation 4000 model 60)
To: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/1998 20:43:13
David Evans wrote:

> Michael Sokolov wrote:
> >
> > Also as far as I know NetBSD/vax doesn't support graphics
> > (not even console terminal emulation) on any of these busless VAXen,
> > although it _may_ support QVSS and/or QDSS graphics on Q-bus systems (at
> > least console terminal emulation maybe).
>
>   No QVSS/QDSS yet.  The drivers are there but they're just the 4.3 Reno
> versions.
>   Once I get 1.3 up and running I'm going to re-attack the QDSS driver.  As I
> now have a VS3100 I can compile a little faster than on my KA630.

I'm wondering... is there any reason why the graphics console isn't
supported through the firmware?  Non-kernel based stuff (boot, edlabel,
etc.) do use it that way.  Heck, even disk controllers can use the QDSS
that way.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |