Subject: Re: VaxStation 4000 model 60
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/1998 12:10:47
<You know, there are Q-bus SCSI controllers.  (Yes, I can prove it...
<I've got one.  :-) I don't think that there is anything beyond SCSI-1,

>snippage<

<Unfortunately, I've heard that the SCSI performance on a uVAX-II is very
<disappointing.

In what way.

Well I have a MV-II with CMD SCSI and a ??? 670mb and also a MV-II with
RQDX3 and RD54s and the SCSI really does perform far better.  Thas using
VMS.  If NetBSD used DMA in the vaxen it would scale better than using
PIO.  The 386 does do IO better than a vax.  Now compared to a PC caching
SCSI controller the CMD comes up short but then again when the CMD was
designed caching PC scsi was not common nor wide.

Allison