Subject: Re: Cross-compiling (was: RE: New machine for Ragge (Was: Microvax 31 00/30 KA45))
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/09/1998 23:44:29
> > PS. I tried to set up a cross-compile environment on a PPro 200
> > and it worked without too much problem. The programs I needed to play
> with
> > was as, cc, cc1, cpp, and ld to be able to compile kernels.
>
> More details, pleeease! A HOWTO would be fantastic.

Ok, the programs for generating vax binaries on i386 are available
at ftp.luth.se:/pub/misc/ragge/cross-comp. I also wrote a small
HOWTO file about how to set it up:
---------------
Howto cross-compile a NetBSD/vax kernel under NetBSD/i386:

1.
Fetch the binaries in this directory. Put them first in your path.

2.
setenv MACHINE vax
setenv MACHINE_ARCH vax

3.
Go to /sys/arch/vax/conf. Edit your kernel config file.
Run "config MYKERNELFILENAME".

4.
cd ../compile/MYKERNELFILENAME

5.