Subject: Re: Got It (VAX8200)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/08/1998 15:41:23
>From: Tom Guptill <tgpt@pas.rochester.edu>

>However, a VW Rabbit can *tow* a 750 quite effectivly, as we proved while I
>was an undergrad.  (For those who don't know, the 1974-1984 Golf was called
>a "Rabbit" in the U.S. and Canada.)

I'll bet it can tow a lot more than that!  My record is five KS10s in a
900-lb trailer, towed by a '78 Plymouth Horizon with the VW-made 1.7l engine
and toy motorcycle clutch.  (Btw if anyone knows the VW part # for the head
bolts for that motor I'd really appreciate knowing what it is, Hoy's was no
help this time around).  The engine can do it (barely), the brakes can do it
(barely), but in retrospect it was pretty irresponsible to trust the hitch
with that much weight, it was at least triple the rated max.

John Wilson
D Bit