Subject: Re: Got It (VAX8200)
To: James Robinson <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Guptill <tgpt@pas.rochester.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/08/1998 13:53:33
At 1:23 AM -0500 1/9/98, James Robinson wrote:
>I also put a  Vax 730 in a VW Rabbit...
>and then there was that TS-11 tape unit went in ok,getting it out was an
>other story..........
>
>PS. A 750 DOES NOT FIT!!! ;-(

However, a VW Rabbit can *tow* a 750 quite effectivly, as we proved while I
was an undergrad.  (For those who don't know, the 1974-1984 Golf was called
a "Rabbit" in the U.S. and Canada.)

We carted a pair of LSI-11/23s and a dual RK-something (the 8" floppy)
around in the back of my Rabbit for an entire summer because we had nowhere
else to put them....

>>Nerds drive around in Golf.
>>Nerds see VAX sitting on street corner, being thrown out.
>>See nerds driving around with VAX in back of Golf. One is working on
>>    a terminal.
>>See nerds sweating profusely from heat.
>>See VAX sitting on corner again as Golf drives away.

I think it goes more like this:

Nerds drive around in Rabbit.
Nerds see VAX on street corner, being thrown out.
See nerds driving around with VAX in back of Rabbit, smelling of Diesel
fuel.  One is working on a terminal.  Another is trying to get the wipers
to work.
See Rabbit struggle to climb hill with heavy VAX in back, belching clouds
of thick black smoke.
See nerds abandon Rabbit and ride VAX down hill.

(Da, da da. :) )

--
Tom Guptill
UNIX Systems Manager