Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/06/1998 23:17:20
yeah...  I'd like a 3100m90 actually...  I am sure they go for a pretty
penny tho.  I believe I saw a model that benchmarked at like 300 VUPS,
over 100x faster than my not-terribly-shabby VS3100m30...  Quite
impressive I must say, prolly whups up on a P][ when used in the right
application.

I found a site in New Hampshire that collects old systems..  From a
Packard Bell from 1961 to some pretty new systems (TRS-80s, Commode-door
Pets) and all points in between (neato Vax stuffs galore).  I'd REALLY
love to go visit sometime.  Unluckily I'm strapped down to the ISP and
have no personal transpo to speak of :(

They got neat pictures.. I wish I could remember the URL :-p

JS