Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/06/1998 14:53:25
Brian D Chase wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Jacob Suter wrote:
>
> > it already is... 1.2G and 1.3 both support.
> >
> > I got it running here on eliteness.intrastar.net, 3100m30, 16mb ram,
> > 100mb hd...
>                            ^^^^^^^^^
>
> Okay, yes I'm a cynical semi-old hand at this internet thing and maybe
> it's wrong to mutter any words which might stifle the enthusiasm of
> the already sparse collection of NetBSD/VAX advocates but... PLEEZE
> "eliteness?" Dear god, when did running VAXen come into vogue with
> EL1TE CRACKERZ?  I suppose in another year we'll be seeing VAX WaReZ ftp
> sites!

Well.. I use it to piss off elite kiddie hackers and their linux juarez
crackers that want to hax0r my ereeto Vax boxen and can't cuz they are
trying to use special SendMail Technique that only works on boxes made
after 1990 :)

Actually, It was a joke in the very "unleet" IRC channel I hang out in.
I've given out a few accounts to friends and we do development work (huh
huh, I wonder if lynx will compile on a vax, huh huh, I bet it takes two
weeks) on it, along with playing tetris (tetris on a vt320 is cool)

> Okay, no real harm intended.  I'd just never have thought that I'd see the
> term "elite" used in conjuction with or in relation to a VAX.

Yeah but vaxes are the true 'elite'.  Long before there were leet0
kiddie hax0rs and Warez FTPz... well... before they got popular anyway,
there were Vaxes... And well, Vaxes were/are truely the system of the
elite.

Oh NO, VAXZILLA!

Jacob Suter
Not a warez or hacker kiddie