Subject: Re: uVAX II
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stan Pietkiewicz <stanp@storm.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/24/1997 00:22:38
Andy Sporner wrote:
> <<snip>>
> > The CMD SCSI controller, does anyone know if this controllers
> > support bootable devices, also is it supported by netBSD ?
>
> Somebody else help here.  I would venture that if is MSCP compatible,
> then it should work.  The normally problems with SCSI support are
> virtually gone with the Q-BUS boards that are MSCP protocol based.

Have a look at www.cmd.com; amazingly enough, (considering the date of
manufacture (my CMD board shows a copyright of 1987, with chip date codes
from 1990)), they have documentation for their products online!!!!

I've had good look finding doc's here, but I haven't tried the tech
support links on their web site.

BTW, according to the hard copy I got with my CMD board, as far as the
MVAX is concerned, it's an MSCP device controller (which AFAICT is good
news).

<<snip>>

Stan