Subject: Re: uVAX II
To: Dave Arthur <ARTHURDC@burridge.nscc.ns.ca>
From: Andy Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/23/1997 12:54:23
Dave Arthur wrote:

> Hi ..
Hello Dave,

> KA630 processor
> 4 RD54's
> 1 TK50

Well that means a VAX processor (.9 * a VAX 11/780) 4 170MB disks and
a 90 MB tape backup.

> It also has a CMD SCSI controller.
> I intend on outting netBSD on it ....
> Here are the questions -
>
> What is the syntax at the >>> prompt, I tried the same commands I use
> with my KA650 and they don't work :-(

These are only the ones I know...
	b[oot] dua?
	h[alt]
	i[nitialize]
	c[ontinue]

> The CMD SCSI controller, does anyone know if this controllers
> support bootable devices, also is it supported by netBSD ?

Somebody else help here.  I would venture that if is MSCP compatible,
then it should work.  The normally problems with SCSI support are
virtually gone with the Q-BUS boards that are MSCP protocol based.

> How much slower is the KA630 vs the KA650 ?

As I recall, the KA650 is 1.9 VUPs (Vax Units of Performance (11/780 is
equivalent to 1 VUP).

andy