Subject: Re: strange disks...
To: Michael Sokolov <mxs46@po.CWRU.Edu>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/21/1997 12:27:15
On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> Actually, by inventing MSCP DEC has done a great service to third parties,
> since they immediately started making MSCP controllers. Third-party
> (primarily Emulex and Dilog) MSCP controllers are very popular, as they
> support interfaces that DEC doesn't, including ESDI, SMD, and even SCSI. As
> far as TMSCP is concerned, I think that there has never been a TMSCP
> controller for UNIBUS. There are a lot of TMSCP controllers for Q-bus, the
> most classical one being TQK50 for the TK50 tape drive.

Actually, there are several TMSCP Unibus controllers.
You have the Unibus KLESI, which connects TU81.
TUK50 is the Unibus equivalent of the TQK50.
And then, of course, CMD have made SCSI controllers for the Unibus, which
speaks both MSCP and TMSCP.
And I have a Viking controller which is TMSCP <-> SCSI on the Unibus.

	Johnny