Subject: VS2000 boot
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roar_Thron=E6s?= <roart@nvg.ntnu.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/13/1997 16:06:02
Hi

I'm sorry to repeat questions which have been previously answered here,
but I can't seem to find them, not even in some archives.

It's a VS2000 with a VR260 monitor, and I am netbooting 1.3_ALPHA via mop
on an Ultrix/VAX machine.
All I get is those 3 big numbers on the VR260, with the rest going to a
serial port, but I have not been able to see any of it.

But which serial port, and at what speed?
I have tried both the ordinary 25-pins serial port with a BC22A-25 cable,
and the 9-pins printer-/serialport with a BCC05 cable.
I have read something about using a BCC08 cable, which disables the
framebuffer or something like that, but I have not found the pinouts of
it.

Any advice on serial ports, speed, cables etc?

Thanks in advance.

-Roar Thronęs