Subject: le0 timeouts?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: P.D.Helliwell <P.D.Helliwell@e-eng.hull.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/12/1997 22:24:32
Hi All

First of all BIG THANK YOU PEOPLE.  We've finally managed to get a VS3100
booting from a linux machine and running NetBSD/vax 1,2G :*)  so, we're
quite happy already.  One thing we have noticed though is that on the VS
we keep getting "le0 timeout" on the /var/log/messages file.  It was
running routed when it didn't need to so we killed that and it doesn't do
it as much.  Now it only tends to do it when there is heavy disk access
over NFS.  Two theorys spring to mind, either a problem with the VS or a
problem with the linux 2.0.29 (slackware) NFS server.  I remember a
problem a while back that some people had with le0 overruns and the 16Mb
memory thing.  We have 8Mb and it doen't seem to happen.  It's not a huge
problem as it just glitches for a while and then it's OK again.  Just
wondered if anyone had seen this.

After two VS3100s there's a MicroVAX II, then a MicroVAX 3300 to try and
get running NetBSD.  We're dead chuffed with the VS3100s, it's great to
see unix running on them :*)  Soon we'll have a small clump of vaxen
being useful again.

Thanks in Advance.

PHil

|o| Phil Helliwell                Dogs do           O  |o|
|o| Electronic Eng.              *NOT* like        /|\ |o|
|o| University of Hull,UK        unicyclists.      <<  |o|
|o| My views are my own :*)                         0  |o|