Subject: strange disks...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jörgen Pehrson <jorgen.pehrson@seinf.mail.abb.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/10/1997 11:45:54
Hi,
I just installed NetBSD/vax on my VaxStation II. Everything works almost
perfect.
However, since I only have one RD54 which holds the system I would like
to have some more storage space for user files.

This machine ran VMS before and was the host node of a Teragon image
processing system.  Then it had some external disks. Now I'm wondering
if those disks are supported under Netbsd?

If I did a "sh dev" in VMS it listed (among other things) SPEKTR$DUB4:
and
SPEKTR$DUB5:. And if I did a "sh dev dub4: /full" it says it's a RA81
device.
So I guess that the disks that I want to connect to the Vax is two RA81
disks.

The disk controller in the VaxStation is manufactured by Emulex.

The disks has a sticker labeled "9720-368 EMD drive" and "NSOMPI" and
manufactured
by "Magnetic Peripherals Inc".

There are 6 connectors on each of the disk labeled like this:
1J2   26pin
2J2   26pin
1J3   60pin
1J4   60pin
2J3   60pin
2J4   60pin

Anyone know what kind of disk this is and if they are supported under
NetBSD/vax?

Thanks!

--
Jorgen Pehrson, UNIX System Administrator. ABB Infosystems, Sweden.
email: jorgen.pehrson@seinf.mail.abb.com