Subject: Re: Where can I get a 3100 these days?
To: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
From: Daniel S Kosack <kosack@wam.umd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/28/1997 19:45:08
On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> The UMD/CP surplus has about 8 3100m30s w/16m for $25/each.

Although, I would wait a little while longer.  I think he Physics Dept.
HEP will be dumping everything VAX they have in a little while, which will
include their 6000 (don't remember the model; of course, I could be wrong,
it might be an 8250.  Some dept dumped a 6000-510 that was quickly snarfed
up by someone).  They will also be dumping a few 4000's and maybe the odd
3100, 2000, or 3600.  Some of the monitors are fairly nice, some are crap.

  UMD/CP == University of Maryland, College Park Terrapin Trader, on Paint
Branch Av. just South of campus, across Rt. 1.

PS.  They are going to a NT environment with some UNIX, BTW.

Dan Kosack.