Subject: VAXstation 3100 serial console.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: P.D.Helliwell <P.D.Helliwell@e-eng.hull.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/20/1997 15:54:31
Hi All

I've just got two VS3100/M42 machines.  They both have monitors but no
mice so I'm trying to (eventually) netboot them to NetBSD/vax.  My first
step was to try and get the serial consoles working.  So I got an MMJ to
MMJ lead, a H8571-A adapter which is from what I have found out an
adapter from DEConnect to a VT* terminal.  I connected an origial VT100
to it and switched switch S1 (on the VS) down.  I get nothing, but from
the graphics console it will get to the monitor prompt no problem.  I
just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this.

Thanks in Advance

PHil

|o| Phil Helliwell                Dogs do           O  |o|
|o| Electronic Eng.              *NOT* like        /|\ |o|
|o| University of Hull,UK        unicyclists.      <<  |o|
|o| My views are my own :*)                         0  |o|