Subject: Re: How many drives are in your uVaxII world?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <zach@acsu.buffalo.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/18/1997 14:37:57
> That's because it depends on the rev level of the front panel.  With
> some revisions of the four-switch panel, you can't read or write the
> second drive; others allow you to read but not write the second drive;
> and the latest ones allow you to do both read and write.

But wouldn't this be consistant. I *know* I've had 2 drives internal
to this chassis, which would lead me to believe I gave a later issue
where I should be able to read/write both all the time. It being
inconsistant is what is really driving me up a wall.

> I believe the only "official" solution is to go to a six-switch front panel.

Ok. Short of trying to buy one, I'm game :-)

> For a while, Trimarchi was selling some special cables that got around
> the problem with early-rev 4-switch front panels.

Interesting that you note that. The external chassis is Trimarchi.  I'm
interested in persuing that whole can of worms in a week or so and if
anybody else has one it'll make it more interesting (mine does work
fine for a single external drive and an RQDXE.)  I've been using the
external drive as a convenience so that I can have a TK50 or RX50
internal.

Zach