Subject: Re: How many drives are in your uVaxII world?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Megan <mbg@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/18/1997 07:24:25
><> In the interest of keeping this message short: Does anybody know any
><> reason why more than one RD31 (20M Seagate drives) won't work in a
>>BA23

><If I recall correctly, you can only put one hard driver in a BA23.
><That's all, no more.

>Not true,  I've been running an rd54 and an rd53 for years.  also I've
>put a pair of RD52s in and a RX33 (laying on top).  I suspect that the
>RD31 is not recognized.

And I have an RD54, RD33 and RX33 in one BA23.  It works fine.  I did
find out, through trial and error, that it only worked (for me) if I
had the 6-switch ba23 front panel.  The four-switch panel never worked
for me (although it apparently did for others).

					Megan Gentry
					Former RT-11 Developer

| Megan Gentry                         | tcp/ip (work):   gentry@zk3.dec.com |
| Unix Support and Engineering Group   |      or: gentry@rusure.enet.dec.com |
| Digital Equipment Corporation        |    (non-work):    mbg@world.std.com |
| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43         | URL http://world.std.com/~mbg/      |
| Nashua, NH 03062                     | "Still real-time after all these    |
| (603) 881 1055                       |  years."                            |