Subject: MicroVAX 3400
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Pasi Pirhonen <upi@gorba.lpt.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/17/1997 23:17:46
Hi all,

I just tried to look one above today, but first mystical thing to me
was the bootdisk of it as it's DIA1 and the DEC model is RF71, which
is in ULTRIX /etc/disktab, but i don't see any references in NetBSD/VAX
FAQ or mailing list archives.

I made boottapes and booted it thru TK70 (i assume it's TK70 and it's
little different from TK50 which i used to make tapes). That part went
fine. I misread the installation notes and wrote DIA1 to edlabel's
'disk to edit'. W)rite seemed to make some actions on the disk, but the
copy didn't write anything - just quickly returned to the source prompt.

There is also another disk (RF31) on it, but 'SHOW DEVICE' doesn't even show
that at all.

My question is that is it even possible to install 1.2 or 1.3ALPHA to that
machine?

I know it's slow .... maybe even slower than my sun 3/60, but .... ;-)

TIA

-- upi@iki.fi -- http://www.iki.fi/upi/