Subject: tk50 troubles
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/12/1997 22:05:01
I've got a big uVax-II (no graphics card, but it's in a big floor case
with rollers) and the TK50 drive on it seems to have eaten my tape.  I
can't seem to get it to budge.  I can get the load button to blink by
toggling the write-protect button, but other than that I can't seem to get
it to do anything else.

I've got a second SCSI TK50 drive which I scrounged from school, (which I
planned on using to dump netbsd images from my linux box,) and it
absolutely refuses to load any of the tapes, even ones which loaded fine
previously.

I'm not beyond taking a screwdriver to these beasties if I have to.
Anybody have any hints or ideas?

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
  agrier@reed.edu |  agrier@metro.grumblesmurf.net  | ...!reed!vla!agrier
  DECBEE65 0DEE3A0C 1ED7F54D 9E023CC4 and 0x0663D1A9 at a server near you.