Subject: Re: Anybody for graphics on a 3100?
To: None <brianc@carpediem.com, jsuter@intrastar.net>
From: Carl Lowenstein <cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/11/1997 20:41:15
> From port-vax-owner-clowenst=ucsd.edu@NetBSD.ORG Tue Nov 11 19:12 PST 1997
> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 18:01:49 -0600
> From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
> To: Brian Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
> CC: zach@acsu.buffalo.edu, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: Anybody for graphics on a 3100?
>
> > Yes, it's controlled by the same internal SCSI board which services the
> > internal drives.  But you'll need a cable that can handle the wide
> > (68pin?) style connector.
>
> Yeah it looks to be 68 pin on mine, but I don't think its a normal
> 'wide' connector, and we all know this thing isn't SCSI wide capable...
> Digital is a group of very weird people - or at least used to be.

Yes it's a 68-pin connector, used for SCSI-1.  There was no wide SCSI
specification until several years later.  It even predates SCSI-2
by a few years.  That's just what DEC chose at the time.

    carl
---
        carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
        {decvax|ucbvax} !ucsd!mpl!cdl                 cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu
                                                  clowenstein@ucsd.edu