Subject: Re: Anybody for graphics on a 3100?
To: None <zach@acsu.buffalo.edu>
From: Brian Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/11/1997 13:13:37
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997 zach@acsu.buffalo.edu wrote:

> So, I was interested in knowing if anybody on port-vax has begun
> any work on getting X11 running? If so could you email me? If I don't
> hear anything I'll assume *nobody* has begun, and I'll start myself.

It's an semi-often talked about topic, but I don't believe anyone is
actually working on it presently.  Does the NetBSD/pmax port for the
DECstation 3100 use the same graphics subsystem as the VAXstation 3100?
I think I remember discussions of that from the past.   If they are the
same, then you might be able to find some good clues in the pmax source.

> Last question (for now on the 3100 :-)  has to do with the SCSI jack. I
> know I have to go back and read up on the archives, bring myself up to
> speed with respect to the 3100's, but I'm assuming the external SCSI is
> something that's working these days?

Yes, it's controlled by the same internal SCSI board which services the
internal drives.  But you'll need a cable that can handle the wide
(68pin?) style connector.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --