Subject: Anybody for graphics on a 3100?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <zach@acsu.buffalo.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/11/1997 10:04:56
I've recently been offered a vs3100m38 to use. Unfortunately it's
not *mine* but it's reasonable to say I can play with it all I want.

So, I was interested in knowing if anybody on port-vax has begun
any work on getting X11 running? If so could you email me? If I don't
hear anything I'll assume *nobody* has begun, and I'll start myself.

To that end... does anybody have any docs on the graphics chipset?
Either way I want to play with it, and the drivers. Maybe... I could
help out by working out a console driver? unless it's already too
far underway.

Last question (for now on the 3100 :-)  has to do with the SCSI jack. I
know I have to go back and read up on the archives, bring myself up to
speed with respect to the 3100's, but I'm assuming the external SCSI is
something that's working these days? I've got 2 internal drives, but
the prospect of attaching something external gives me oodles of disk
space beyond what my uVaxII can support!

Zach