Subject: Re: NetBSd1.3A on uVaxII
To: Robert Smith <rmsmith@csc.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/10/1997 08:26:12

> When I try to boot my ra0b partition with netbsd I get a message that
> says "wrong format"
> having the luxury of 3 drives on this little beasty I reboot from 1.2G
> and mount ra0b as /mnt.
> I go in an take a peek (ls -l /mnt)
> and find the netbsd kernel is about 550K.
> I take a peek at netbsd.org, and it is 800K plus.
> I look at my kernel file that I downloaded (800K plus).
> So, I have made the assumption that my tk50 files have been corrupted either
> in download or in writing the tape.

The "wrong format" or whatever you may get seems to get may be a bug that
has shown up lately. I have got a report about what it may be and will
look more closely into it later today.
The kernel in the miniroot is _not_ truncated; it's only a smaller kernel
because the miniroot can't fit a complete generic kernel anymore :-)

-- Ragge