Subject: 1.3_ALPHA Netbooted.
From: Brian Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/08/1997 23:36:19
Just went through the process of setting up my VS3100/38 at home to use
the new 1.3_ALPHA release.  It's only been running an hour or so, but my
initial reports are very positive.  This version seems to be a bit more
responsive than the 1.2G code, though I probably should quantify that
statement through measured testing... or maybe not.  The extra-verbose
SCSI reporting is a nice feature as well.  No doubt it's an indicator of
stronger commitment to getting better SCSI support on the VS3100's.

I'd like to thank Ragge for putting together a well polished distribution
of 1.3_ALPHA.  It was certainly worth the wait.  Guess now I'll have to be
revising the HOWTO.

Has anyone done a from scratch install of 1.3_ALPHA to a MicroVAX II yet?
I plan on doing one myself, unless others have run into problems.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --