Subject: TK50 tape drive
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Corlatan N. Manuel-Costin <manyk@fosila.cs.pub.ro>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/07/1997 16:02:01
	Hi! It's me again. I think a have a problem. I've just installed
the new version - NetBSD 1.3A and I needed to make a backup of all my
system and user's files on tapes but I've got some problems. I tryed
MAKEDEV mt* and rmt* but the problems was the same, nothing changed.
	When I tryed to 'tar' the files with no "-b 1" option sometimes
I've got a "can not sync ...." message (this was happened only for big
files - more that 300k). This is the first problem that I've found. The
second problem was that when I put "-W" option to "tar" and after all was
writtend the tar told me the same problem for all the tapes i used (I
forgot to tell you that I've tried the same command with 6 different
tapes.) - mt0: I/O read error for block 15345. If you can help me, please
tell me what can I do or what can I fix this.

						manyk@fosila.cs.pub.ro
						System Administrator