Subject: Re: more info...
To: Tom Guptill <tgpt@pas.rochester.edu>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/05/1997 10:50:46

> Here's the output of a panic:
>
> creating runtime link editor directory cache.
> checking for core dump...
> ock=0 36:52, fs=/idt:ev v=1 0xa904, bl
> panicc: blksfreesd: nfrst:eIeing f ree frag
> syncing disks...10 10 9 2 2 2 ...a bunch of twos...2 2 2 giving up
>

> Note that the garbled output in these messages is not a typing error, nor do
> I normally have any garbled output on the screen; it's normally just fine.

This sounds like you have partitioned your disk with swap overlapping
anothe filesystem or something like that. It may also be because you
are having your root partition as e (why?) which probably may not work.
Or to express it like this: On the root disk I would recommend to have
root on a partition, swap on b and the whole disk on c. Anything else
may not work at all.

-- Ragge