Subject: Re: vax troubles :( (also read the ps)
To: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
From: Brian Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/1997 19:29:48
On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Jacob Suter wrote:

> > > le0: lost carrier
> >
> > If this is a 3100 you've probably go too much memory in it.
> >
> > Take out all but 16.
>
> That was with it stripped all the way to 4mb... it had 16mb on the board
> but would panic when configuring the network...

I'd say this is different than a memory thing... If in fact the machine
boots up to single user mode.  The big memory problems prevented you from
even getting to the point loading the kernel.

What are the very last messages to your console prior to the "le0: lost
carrier" error?

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --