Subject: Re: Newbie question
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/1997 19:56:12
>  The only 730s I've seen have an RB730 disk controller (the IDC,
>"Integrated" or "Intelligent" disk controller) connected to an RL02 up
>top and an R80 down below.

FWIW, when I got my 730 it had a regular UDA50 setup, no IDC weirdness,
works great.  With UDA50 prices the way they are now (cheap/free), it seems
to me that it would be more reasonable for 730 owners to just get a UDA,
than to expect Ragge or some other overworked hacker to write/port an RB730
driver...  The UDA is probably a lot faster anyway, and every drop helps!

John Wilson
D Bit