Subject: Re: Newbie question
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Nevyn <snowcrash@usa.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/28/1997 23:49:24
>  Well, if you can support such a machine, I and the rest of the
>VAX-loving community would be very pleased to see a good machine saved
>from the gold scrappers.  They're good machines with lots of
>personality.

Hey, your talking to a guy that has enough ARCnet equipment for over 100PCs
and about 50 MFM controllers and that's just the beginning! I am a pack
rat.  I think this one fell into safe hands :)  To be honest though, I have
had my doubt about the stories I have heard about there being enough gold
to be worth something.  I have been told there is $1500 worth of gold in
one.

>  I don't think I was the person who mentioned that.  But, if enough
>people *do* get interested, and someone has the time to work on it,
>I'm sure it's possible.

Hmm... well, it was mentioned to me by someone (Jim maybe?) that he had
found several people who had '730s.  Now if one of those people has alot of
time on their hands and the expertise to do it...

	Dnaiel Daley - It's late, time for bed or I'll really get off subject...