Subject: VS3100/38 annoyance - not strictly netbsd related
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Barry A. Dobyns <barry@dobyns.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/28/1997 10:04:17
I recently got a VS3100/38 with the SCSI/ST506 adapter card, one RX23 and
one RZ22, and (I'm guessing here - one "small" memory card) about 8M of RAM.

I unplugged my MMJ VT320 from the MicroVaxII (where the VT was working
fine) and plugged it into the printer port of the VS3100.  I threw the
"console" dip switch up (after removing the back cover to get access to it)
and hit the power switch.

Nothing.  Likewise the serial port.  LED 7,6,5,4 light up right away, and
after a minute or so, LED 3,2,1,0 light up as well, and the RX23 grinds.
If i randomly mash  what look like reset switches on the back - one near
the Ethernet, one with a triangle in a circle above it, then I get
different effects on the LED, but still no console activity.

Is there something obvious I missed?
-----
Barry A. Dobyns, barry@dobyns.com, http://barry.dobyns.com