Subject: PIO fixed kernel
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/21/1997 21:44:53
I've been pretty busy recently and finally got a chance to mess with my
vaxes again.  I got the one that I have really 'well set up' (16mb ram
two CP-3100 [100mb] drives) with the new PIO kernel and am currently
copying files from my nfs mount to its internal HD's...  Its pretty slow
(not like I am complaining or anything), and am wondering if the PIO is
just a "temporary work around" or is there something potentially better
out there?

I think I am just gonna put swap and /home on the vax...  leave the rest
netbooted since I now have an extra network card to keep the vaxes up
with.  And on that note I was wondering if there was any known problem
moving one console cable between multiple vaxes (like yanking it out of
the printer port on one of the boxes to another) while they are live?
Will this cause any hardware/software issues?

Thanks
Jacob Suter
Intrastellar Internet Service
Now with that extra-smooth Digital flavor!