Subject: Re: Vax up and running!
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/13/1997 19:33:36
On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Dave McGuire wrote:

> ...in the desktop world, the newest Macs (I hate to say it) are running
> big fiery rings around the newest Intel boxes.
>   Now it's up to the suits to figure out which is *really* more bang
> for the buck. :)

Yeah, but if you can live without bleeding edge performance, the
slightly older (but still fast) stuff is a lot more cost-effective
from Intel than from anyone else.

The 180 MHz Pentium Pro CPU is currently going for around US$225.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates