Subject: Re: Vax up and running!
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/13/1997 20:28:29
On October 13, you wrote:
> I might buy one, though, and would then be a counterexample.  (I hate
> the Intel "architecture".  It just seems to be the most crunch for the
> dollar at present - we have a P166 in the house already, for much that

  No...the new PPC 750 processors kick the shit out of them...Intel is
about 2 years behind now...In our Unix world, we just need someone to
start building nice big systems based on them.  But in the meantime,
in the desktop world, the newest Macs (I hate to say it) are running
big fiery rings around the newest Intel boxes.

  Now it's up to the suits to figure out which is *really* more bang
for the buck. :)

                   -Dave McGuire
                    mcguire@neurotica.com