Subject: Re: Win95 machines to netboot this vs3100-m76. How?
To: None <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/13/1997 19:35:46
>From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
>
>	I take it that it's going to be a while before any hard drive
>support for this kind of beast appears. How would I hurl the necessary

The SCSI disks in the M76 are supported and work just fine.  However,
for the initial bootstrap, you will need to netboot.  See Brian
Chase's excellent HOWTO on the topic:

http://www.carpediem.com/~brianc/projects/vaxen/

>files from say a 486 running Win95 or would it be safer to try any intel
>that runs NetBSD and hurl the essentials in that manner.

Booting from a Win95 box may be possible but it certainly isn't going
to be painless.  I strongly suggest using NetBSD as the boot
server/MOPloader.