Subject: RE: 3100 hardware questions
To: None <"rickgc@calweb.com"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 09-Oct-1997 1424 +0100 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/09/1997 15:24:41
>I recieved two Micro Vax 3100 M38's last night equiped with a tape drive
>called a TZ30.  What tape does this use, it looks like a TK50 will fit in
>it?  Also once again there were no hard disk drives in these machines and I
>would like to know what hard disk drive should have come with these machines
>when they were built?
>
>Thanks,
>Rick Copeland

The TZ30 is a SCSI TK50, the cartridges are the same etc.

These machines would typically have originally come with RZ22, RZ23 or RZ24
drives but they should work happily with most modern SCSI drives.

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England