Subject: blinking tk50 -> dead??
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Bobart <bobart@dmatech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/02/1997 10:48:01
Hello all,
	This list has been real quiet as of late. I am just starting on my
pile of VAXen and the starter is a MicroVAX II with TK50 and RD53. When I
power it on, I get:

KA630-A.V1.3

Performing normal systems tests.

7..6..5..4..3..

Tests completed.

So far so good......but the TK50 load/unload light(switch) starts blinking
rapidly. The green light remains out. If I hit the load/unload 4 times (as
it says in what little documentation I have) it goes solid again for a
short period. The drive won't take tapes, and the light #1 on the
controller is on. Is the drive fried? Does it think it still has a tape in
it? It seems I don't have the right combination of equipment. I have a
VAXstation 3500 which has a TK70 and a dead RA70. Can I move the TK70 to
the MV II or the RD disk controller to the 3500?

-Dave Bobart