Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100 fun.
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/29/1997 14:31:50
On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> The problem is something with the LANCE addressing of memory. The LANCE
> chip can only address 16MB of memory, and by some unknown reason it works
> good when there are less than 16MB in the machine.

This is the same chip that is in the Sparc and PMAX systems right?  If so,
none of my 5 sparcs and 20 DECstations have this problem. :)

I do however, suspect that the LANCE memory is being mapped above 16m and
being clobbered by the presence of additional memory.  I don't have the
sources to confirm this though.

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/