Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100 fun.
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/29/1997 08:48:28
On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > The only difference I can see in the 3 machine is the amount of memory.
> >
> > vax1 and vax2 have 24 megs of ram, and vax3 has 16 meg.  Would this
> > make a difference?
> >
> Yes, it may. I have seen exactly the same behaviour on some of my 3100/38's.
> I have no idea why this happen, though.

Confirmed.  I pulled the 20m expansion card out of vax2 and it booted
(quite behind my back, as I turned around after being distracted and was
greeted with a # prompt.)

Again, 3100M48 boots with 4m and 16m but NOT 20m or 24m (and greater I
expect.)

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/