Subject: KA42-A v1.2? RX23?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Guptill <tgpt@pas.rochester.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/26/1997 16:20:07
A couple of questions:

Since I've put my KA630 install on hold until I can track down an RD54 to
put in my machine, I've started to play with one of our 3100s a bit.  Rumour
has it that some of the 3100s will now run NetBSD: is a KA42-A (on the back
it's called a VS42A-BD) one of the 3100s on which NetBSD *will* boot?  If
so, is there any way I can boot off of an RX23 (3.5" fdd)?  I tried just
writing the RX33 image out to a floppy with "DD", but that didn't seem to
get me anywhere.  I'm trying to avoid having to set up a MOP boot server if
I don't need to.  (Besides, this machine used to net boot VMS, and I don't
want to undo that if I can avoid it.)

Is there something strange I need to do with blocksize when writing
floppies?  (Unfortunately, I don't have a SCSI TK50 to play with or I'd be
all set.)

- Tom

--
Tom Guptill                     Department of Physics and Astronomy
UNIX SA                         University of Rochester  Rochester, NY USA