Subject: Am I on the right Track ?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: P.D.Helliwell <P.D.Helliwell@e-eng.hull.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/08/1997 14:12:23
Hi All

Firstly I'll say that I am very new to vaxen and the like.  In our
department a long time before I came here DEC must have persuaded them it
was a good idea to buy vax machines.  We have a lot of them, the majority
not working anymore.  We do have some running though.  One of them was
running but it wasn't running VMS so I asked them if I could have a go at
putting NetBSD/vax on it.  I've done a few things and have got it to talk
to the other VAX (while running VMS).  Anyway, it's a MicroVAX II with three
RD54 and one RD53 disks, a DEQNA ethernet card, an RX50 and eight serial
ports, 16Mb Ram, oh and it's in the big case with the wheels on the bottom.

Can uVAX have four hard disks running at the same time as well as an RX50 ?
I have the putr program and am trying to find some 1.2M floppys to boot
NetBSD from the RX50.  Am I on the right track as far as hardware is
concerned, in the end I would like to use the machine as a mailing list
server but maybe I could learn something about vaxen in the mean time :-)

Thanks in Advance

Phil

|o| Phil Helliwell                Dogs do           O  |o|
|o| Electronic Eng.              *NOT* like        /|\ |o|
|o| University of Hull,UK        unicyclists.      <<  |o|
|o| My views are my own :*)                         0  |o|