Subject: need disktab entry
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gordon Zaft <zaft@ece.arizona.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/31/1997 15:16:16
Gang,
	I've made  a great deal of progress on my 1.2G install.  While
I never figured out how to get past my inability to log in as root
on the console, I was able to change my group id on my user password
so I can su.

	On the other hand, I'm now trying to bring up a Maxtor 8760E
on a QD21 controller.  NetBSD seems to see the controller (it reports
an ra1 disk) but I don't know how to proceed.  The QD21 disks emulate
an RA81 but of course they don't have the same geometry.  I presume
I need a disktab entry for this -- how do I do that?  The 8760E
has 1,268,228 blocks (512-byte blocks), 1632 cylinders, 15 heads,
and 53 sectors.

	TIA.

GZ

Gordon C. Zaft					zaft@ece.arizona.edu