Subject: TK70 usage?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/30/1997 20:29:03
I'm running 1.2G ony my 3600 here nad I wanted to make a backup
of the entire install just to be on the safe side.

I can do a 'tar cvf /dev/mt0 /' just fine and it completes without
errors, but when i then try a 'tar tvf /dev/mt0' it works for a few megabytes,
but then starts 'Skipping to next header' and loses files.

I tried several (new) tapes and all show the same behaviour.

No messages about read-errors from the kernel, but tar can't
seem to get it all right..

Is my TK70 going down the drain?

I'd like to give it a go with 'dump' as well, but I need
the specs for the TK70 (bpi and stuff), because it now wants
3 tapes for 150 Mb but one TK70 tape should be enough..

Thanx..

							Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,