Subject: Re: [hardware] VaxStation 3100 model 38?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Hedley <cbh@tnx.djmarkets.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/28/1997 16:15:33
On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Brian D Chase wrote:
> Yes, the VAXstation 3100/38's are in fact supported.  I run one netbooted,
> see the following link for details on my setup.
>
> http://www.carpediem.com/~brianc/projects/vaxen/VAXstation-netboot-HOWTO

I know this isn't necessarily the correct forum, but since people are
trying this out and this is a very quick question, just on the off-chance
that someone's encountered and solved the same problem I'm having!  When I
try to add the ethernet address of the vax using the arp -s command, it
says `SIOCSARP and OLD_SIOCSARP: invalid argument' and whitters on about
the wrong interface (it's not)  This is a linux-2.1.51 system on an i586.
Any suggestions before I start re-writing bits of the kernel...?

Chris.