Subject: Re: How to network
To: None <vhaas@cnj.digex.net>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/24/1997 11:34:41
At 06:27 PM 8/23/97 -0800, vhaas@cnj.digex.net wrote:
>DELNI Sucks Rocks!  It is a bad concept taken to extreme.  The internal
>electronics have really bad specs. Rise times suck.  Dump it if
>possible.
>Recommend you tie together the systems with 10BASE2 ($.20/ft +
>$5.00/cable end + $5.00/termination) unless you have a larger
>infrastructure already.

Plus money for transceivers, which can get pretty expensive.

Plus, I don't know where to get transceivers that don't drop packets
once in a while. The ones I do have drop data once in a while (tested with
the "external loopback test" on a Sun 3/260). Ideas?
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/